Just a short update. Tomorrow is my last day of school before my one exam and then I’m free! A whole month on break with the house to myself. What am I going to do with myself?
1. Books I want to Read
- Dan Brown – The Lost Symbol
- Kenneth Oppel – Darkwing (And maybe the previous three if I can get them down from Montreal)
- Viktor E. Frankl – Man’s Search For Meaning
- Rich Shapero – Wild Animus
- Debbie Millman – How to Think Like a Great Graphic Designer
2. Things I want to Cook
- Thin-crusted tuna pizza with chili oil
- Fancy sandwiches
- Shrimp with sriracha
- A pie
- Shrimp and grits
- Bacon pancakes
- Homemade Caesar dressing
3. Things I want to Buy
- Doctor Who Season 5
- Buddha Board
3B. Books I want
- Dirty Fingernails
- Ned Vizzini – It’s Kind of a Funny Story
- The Dieline – Box Bottle Bag
- 100 Habits of a Graphic Designer
- You Comma Idiot
- David Mccandless – The Visual Miscellaneum
- Michael Perry – Hand Job
- Making and Breaking the Grid (I can’t believe I haven’t bought this yet)
4. Things I should be doing
- Preparing for Claire and Adri’s visit
- Trip to Buffalo for another fatass trip (Chili’s, Grovers, Cheesecake Factory?)
- Building my portfolio website and business cards (This break’s big project)
- Learn web basics for real aka how to use css style sheets and div tables. I might have to buy the dreamweaver book too. Wakka wakka!
- Buying my own domain finally
- Create my brand, properly
- New freelance projects, woowoo
- Teach myself how to write in left-handed mirror script.
- Paint something.
All this and plenty of sleep is what I hope my break will amount to! And then it’s back on the old dusty trail to school.